Jr Network Consultant King of Prussia, PA
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a Jr. Network Consultant for a client in the King of Prussia, PA area. The Jr Network Consultant is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Fast turnaround of customer service requests.
- Escalate service requests that cannot be completed within agreed service levels, or that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Participates in after-hours support on-call responsibilities.
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field and/or industry certifications a plus.
- 1-3 years of IT or related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of personal automobile.
- Understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.