MERN Developer Houston, TX
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a MERN Full Stack Developer for a client in the Houston, TX area. This position is part of a team developing next generation AI technology for the customer experience and customer success for some of the nation’ s largest retail and services companies.
- You will handle many levels of interaction with clients via phone, email and support desk software to record, track, and document issues and new requests.
- You will write beautiful, well-commented code, following team-wide best practices and quality standards.
- You will act as a first line of defense, providing technical assistance and hands-on fixes to a diverse array of clients and projects.
- You will work with designers and other developers to solve technical challenges and steward the creation of new website features.
- You will be an expert in our content management tools, helping clients to use them for content creation and creative problem solving.
- You will contribute to our many open-source projects and support the community of developers who rely on them.
- In addition to your role as a senior developer, you will be expected to actively participate in growing our overall culture, supporting your coworkers, and helping to make P’unk a wonderful place to work.
What You Should Already Have, Know, And Do
- An education in software development and/or hard-earned knowledge through the practice of it in the field.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a knack for time management, and be highly organized.
- Experience working as a developer for web or software projects in a client services context is required.
- You should have interest in contributing to the open-source community through GitHub or another code-sharing platform.
- You should be a fast learner and curious and creative problem solver, motivated to grow your development toolkit and become an expert.
- You should be level-headed and calm in the face of urgent client requests.
- You should feel comfortable giving and receiving critical personal and professional feedback.
We are a team of full-stack developers. You will be expected to learn technologies on both sides of the stack, and in return you will be given the autonomy to explore new areas of growth.
- Experience working with Git and version control
- Comfortable working in the command line with Linux-based operating systems
- Proficient in Laravel and PostgreSQL
- Proficient in PHP
- Experience with Node.js and MongoDB is a big plus