.NET Developer Philadelphia, PA
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a .NET Developer for a client in the Philadelphia area. This position will work as a Business Application Specialist that will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies such as web application, web services, windows services, Microsoft Message queuing (MSMQ) etc. and a state of the art, premier Mobile Dispatch System. The ability to render good business decisions, work with minimal supervision, and handle multiple assignments while meeting project deadlines is paramount for this position.
- Build and maintain strong alliances with customers by assisting in creating project plans, preparing status reports, conducting customer training sessions and properly documenting requirements.
- Assist the Quality Assurance process by participating in defect review meetings and writing and executing simple test scripts for unit, system, regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Assist programmers in the application design and delivery processes by writing technical specifications, determining cost estimates, writing and executing unit test scripts and performing entry level programming tasks.
- Assist programmers with analysis of business system specifications and development of logic flow charts
- Create and manages small project plans for client tasks, integrates into overall project plan and determines cost estimates.
- Conduct small training sessions and defect review meetings for small sized test plans, writes and executes moderately complex test scripts in conjunction with Quality Assurance team and properly documents requirements.
- Write simple programs and specifications for small projects, defines simple database structures, and writes and executes unit test scripts as requested and determine appropriate solutions.
- Assist clients in designing and executing User Acceptance test scripts; coordinates the creation of test data.
- Create functional specifications and document requirements, determines overall impact of changes to other units and prepare status reports.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards.
- Use coding methods for specific programming language to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware utilization.
- Maintain integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Perform other special projects and assignments as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field of study.
- 3 to 10+ years relevant work experience developing and designing highly customized applications using Microsoft .Net and/or SharePoint technologies with strong knowledge of business process re-engineering.
- Experience with SharePoint application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usage of search, managed metadata, and user profile services.
- Solutions using various tools including Visio Pro, SharePoint Designer, Workflow Manager, InfoPath, InfoPath Forms Services, App Model, Visual Studio and SharePoint Reporting Services.
- Experience with Web part application and configuration, InfoPath Designer, SharePoint Designer (2013 preferred), or online workflow development.
- Proven experience working with one or more object oriented programming languages. (.NET is Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of web/mobile applications and web concepts, experience with Service oriented architecture, Test Driven Development, and Project/Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL skills, Oracle is ideal, and experience with SSRS is a plus.
- Good knowledge of common troubleshooting techniques (OS permissions, SQL tracing, Application performance tracing, network packet analysis etc.)
- Familiarity with common web and application servers and related configurations: IIS (Preferred), Apache, and Tomcat.
- Must have experience with source control management and defect tracking systems, such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Must have creative problem solving, customer focus and strong troubleshooting skills. Project and resource management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must pay attention to detail. Must be meticulous about getting the solutions right with an aggressive approach in taking on work and solving problems in timely manner for our end users.
- Must focus on the details of Service Delivery and stays in tune to the needs and expectations of end users.