Senior Data Engineer Philadelphia, PA
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a Senior Data Engineer for a client in the Philadelphia area. The client seeks a capable Senior Data Engineer (already certified on Google Cloud Platform) for a consulting engagement to help develop their new Google Cloud data platform.
- Document and support redesign of existing end to end data flow to support short and long term growth objectives and to communicate potential issues and impacts of approach.
- Refactor existing data pipelines (mostly in Airflow) for automation, scalability, extensibility, and transparency
- Support the buildout of our new GCP data platform and collaborate on architectural patterns for it with the Data Engineering team
- Support the development of machine learning models with productionizing, monitoring and alerting tools
- Implement continuous improvements using our existing tools/technologies, which include SQL, Airflow, Python, Docker/Kubernetes, and others such as Terraform and Apache Beam. May also be expected to research and select other tools when the situation demands
- Consult to software engineers on data-related changes to suite of software applications, including schema/model design, table structure, and data collection
- Engage with colleagues and collaborators using curiosity, critical thinking, a drive to completion, empathy, and a focus on impact
- Extend data access and performance design standards for the data platform, software engineering, and all products and services accessing information
- Knowledge Transfer/Coach Data Science and Data and Technology Teams On Both Existing Environments, Enhancements and Recommended Modifications to ensure ongoing internal knowledge as well as future enhancements, maintenance and support.
- Communication and Relationship-building – with technical and non-technical peers
- Google Cloud Platform Data Engineering Certification– completed
- Data Modeling and Warehousing – proficient understanding of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured (big data) schemas
- Cloud-based Solution Implementation, of data platforms and infrastructure, extending current event-driven architectures, microservices and pattern design, supporting compliance and regulated environments (including PII and PHI)
- Workflow and pipeline development to ensure reliability, availability, and consistency
- Systems Engineering – on-system service management, typically in *nix environments
- Automation, monitoring, and alerting – extends existing patterns for these tools
- Data Encapsulation & Transfer methodologies – understands standards for file formats and transfer methods
- Ability to effectively provide Knowledge Transfer/Coaching – to ensure internal education and knowledge transfer to both technical and non-technical teams
- Also interested in relevant experience including: BI implementations/uplifts (we currently use Looker) and/or Data Governance models and methods; Machine learning techniques, productionizing machine learning models, and/or creating models