Senior Linux Systems Engineer Philadelphia, PA
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for a client in the Philadelphia area. This position will be part of a team responsible for the client’s entire network infrastructure. The team supports several critical areas, Enterprise Unix Servers; Intel based Novell, Windows and Linux Servers, VMWARE ESX, Storage Area Networks and a CISCO LAN/WAN infrastructure. Specific assignments may include large projects as well as routing maintenance and troubleshooting with both prioritized based on criticality to company operations. Under varying levels of supervision, this position plans, maintains, supports, troubleshoots and deploys technology to meet current and future needs. The position works with users and developers to analyze, design, and implement application systems and/or enhancements to existing systems.
- Supports and configures several critical network areas including but not limited to:
- Unix, Windows, Novell Open and Suse Linux Enterprise Servers
- VMWARE ESX, HP-UX 11i and Storage Area Networks
- NDS eDirectory and Active Directory
- CISCO LAN/WAN and CISCO/IBM SAN Infrastructure
- Microsoft Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, SQL Server
- Implements, maintains and troubleshoots Enterprise applications
- Deploys and configures new servers, server hardware components and new business applications
- Provides third level support to assist the Desktop Support Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, or other related field of study.
- Certifications in Novell, Microsoft, VMWare
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Storage Area Networking, Zoning, Multi-Pathing, LUN Management and Enterprise directory concepts such as eDirectory, Active Directory, LDAP
- Must have knowledge of and mastery in at least 2 of the following operating systems HP-UX11i, Microsoft Windows, Suse Linux Enterprise Server, VMWARE ESX.
- Solid understanding of File Protocols (Novell NCP, CIFS, SAMBA)
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Must have knowledge of the business environment, IS infrastructure including software development, computer operations, network operations, telecommunications and deploying secure wireless networks.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to technical infrastructure.
- Stong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Flexible with the ability to work out-of-hours as needed.