Senior Quality/Test Technician Malvern, PA
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a Senior Quality/Test Technician for a client in the Malvern, PA area. This position provides hands-on support in Manufacturing and Supply Chain efforts. Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Develops and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Hands-on technical contributor supporting Manufacturing Test and Quality Assurance.
- Contribute in efforts to define and write Manufacturing test plans and reports.
- Effectively document technical issues, test and measurement results, proposed solutions, etc.
- Serve as a cross-functional technical lead in statistical analysis techniques, experimental design, data analysis, sampling techniques and other traditional QA Engineering areas of expertise.
- Perform functional or parametric testing of electronic circuit boards or assemblies.
- Provide regular status and progress towards milestones with team leads.
- Use schematic analysis combined with standard electronic test techniques to perform failure analysis and root cause determination to a component level.
- Perform component-level repair on these assemblies using both SMT and through-hole rework
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering as necessary in the design, fabrication, validation, and Gauge R&R of new and existing production test fixtures.
- Lead, assist, support, and document the quality effort for the manufacturing process analyzing Customer Acceptance, First Pass Yield, and Non-conformance data to meet the quality metrics.
- Knowledge of problem-solving methodologies 8D, Kaizen, DMAIC, 5 WHY, Cause and effect diagram, etc.
- Perform regular process and product audits to ensure product quality and SOP conformance, identify areas of improvement, and drive them to completion to ensure that consistent high-quality product is delivered.
- Assist in the implementation of policies, operating procedures, quality systems, and programs that ensure proper testing, evaluation, inspection, and technical support in order to meet product quality standards.
- Conduct First Article Inspection reports to ensure product is conforming to Technical Data Package
- Monitor each supplier’s performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits.
- Ensure timely disposition of scrap and non-conforming materials
- Associates degree, completion of electronic technology certification, or equivalent technical experience.
- Good Analytics, problem-solving, decision-making, and root cause analysis skills with lean manufacturing, 5S, kaizen, and formalized 8D process experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in electronics test and/or quality environment.
- Experience with formal environmental and EMI qualification testing.
- Able to troubleshoot independently to the component level, locating advanced manufacturing defects or defective components.
- Test & debug electronics with an oscilloscope, multimeter, function generator and other electronic lab equipment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and professional work environment and comfortable working in a shop/laboratory environment.