System Administrator Philadelphia, PA
TalentFleX Solutions, a leading Business & Technology consulting firm, is actively recruiting a System Administrator for a client in the Center City Philadelphia, PA area. The Systems Administrator is responsible for providing support to current and future systems and network needs while developing, implementing and performing routine maintenance activities.
- Provide leadership during the development and enhancement of the client’s production systems and network.
- Continually refine established disaster recovery and business continuity plans the demands of a 24×7 environment.
- Develop and provide system usage statistics, monitoring approach, and tuning recommendations.
- Provide hands-on support in the datacenter.
- Ensures timely fulfillment of request tasks received from other IT & business groups in accordance with customer SLAs.
- Participates in infrastructure maintenance & refresh activities as defined by the IT Operations maintenance schedule.
- Responds to, resolves and minimizes adverse impacts to the business caused by errors in the IT infrastructure and may assist with actions to prevent recurrence of incidents related to those errors.
- Performs ongoing monitoring, and reporting of current resource utilization levels, and errors in enterprise domain-based services & systems.
- Practices asset management, including maintenance of component asset inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Maintains an awareness of current security threats, vulnerabilities, risks and associated technical countermeasures and security best practices.
- Supports and adheres to all compliance and information security policies, practices, and procedures, including the handling of systems and data.
- Enterprise-level experience designing and implementing MS Windows, Hyper-V, and EMC infrastructures.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Ability to manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff.
- Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues.
- Ability to work with developers to troubleshoot and implement fixes.
- Any other duties as applicable to the position.
- Required: Minimum of 3 years of experience with:
- MS Windows Servers (2012 R2 and 2016), clustering, blades (hyper converged)
- Server virtualization – Hyper-V (preferred) or VMWare
- EMC infrastructures (VMAX 10K and 250F)
- Brocade/fiber switching
- Experience with high availability / mission critical operations a plus.
- Experience with co-located datacenters and disaster recovery full replication a plus.
- Strong project management requirements gathering and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining monitoring systems.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT related certifications.
- Ability to act discretely with confidential information